The Research Center for Islamic Legislation and Ethics (CILE), member of Qatar Faculty of Islamic Studies, has announced its upcoming public lecture series for the new academic year.
The program includes various seminars led by renowned Shariah scholars from various disciplines. The topics to be covered through the talks include politics, finance, media, bioethics, arts, environment, food, gender issues, psychology, education and methodology.
Through its various research activities, CILE aims to develop a new theoretical framework for the study of ethics in addition to providing viable solutions to society’s contemporary dilemmas.
CILE’s lecture series will continue throughout the academic year in order to continue to shed light on society’s pressing ethical issues according to the following schedule:
- Public Lecture on Media & Ethics on 02/11/2013.
- Public Lecture on Ethics & Politics on 03/12/2013
- Public Lecture on Islamic Ethics for French speaking people on 17/12/2013
- Public Lecture on Environment & Ethics on 05/01/2014
- Public Lecture on Islamic Ethics for French speaking people on 05/02/2014
- Public Lecture on Philosophy of Ethics in Islam on 25/02/2014
- Public Lecture on Contemporary application of Islamic Ethics on 03/03/2014
- Second International Conference in March 2014 – exact date to be announced
- Public Lecture on Bioethics on 07/04/2014
- Public Lecture on Education & Ethics on 23/04/2014.
- Public Lecture on Methodology of Islamic Ethics on 05/05/2014.
- Public Lecture on Economics & Ethics on 11/06/2014.