Coming to Qatar Foundation as an experienced IP attorney, Nancy joined IDKT in 2016. Responsible for office statistics, she oversees administration of IDKT’s Sophia IP database. Nancy handles IP management and prosecution for certain portfolios. She often liaises between QF and third-party research institutions to facilitate and negotiate research collaboration and other IP agreements.
- Carried out IP matters since 2008, consults inventors and researchers on invention disclosure report (IDR) processes, IP filing, and IP prosecution
- Worked with Qatar IP firm for two years, drafting and filing patents with Qatar’s patent office
- Worked nearly five years with top-tier IP law firms in India and in the IP department of CSIR—India’s largest research and development organization
Education and Certifications:
- Bachelor’s in engineering (biotechnology), Kurukshetra University
- Bachelor of Laws, Delhi University
- Registered patent agent, Indian Patent Office